At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world ...
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1. 5 trillion pageviews each month across 7 million Internet properties. More than 12 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. We believe in solving real problems by granting individuals and teams ownership and autonomy. If you want to make the Internet better by working with talented coworkers to solve hard problems at scale, Cloudflare is where you belong.
About the Department
Product Strategy is where new, bold, products are built and released within Cloudflare. Rather than being constrained by the structures which make Cloudflare a massively successful business, we are able to leverage them to deliver entirely new tools and products to our customers. Cloudflare s edge and network make it possible to solve problems at massive scale and efficiency which would be impossible for almost any other organization.
Role and Responsibilities
Cloudflare is built in a variety of languages including Go, and most recently Ruby. The ideal candidate for this role will take a position of technical leadership over our small Ruby codebase.
You should be:
- Comfortable making technical decisions and maintaining a codebase with best practices.
- Willing to take responsibility for ensuring that what you build delights customers and achieves the goals of the team and the organization.
- Wish to with talented peers by submitting and reviewing pull requests, engaging in design discussions, and teaming up to tackle new projects.
- Advocate for how the product and the team can work better.
You are user-focused and thrive in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment. You consider building reliable and capable software to be just the first step in solving user problems. You are confident building software which works reliably because you ve made many of the mistakes already. You d rather ship than overengineer. You have a passion for growing yourself and your teammates and always have your sights set on getting better. You strive to have a positive impact and leave a positive impression on everyone you meet. You want to be a part of building something you can be proud of.
Core experience should include:
- 5+ years of experience writing Ruby
- Experience with Go, or similar, typed languages
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Track record of shipping features which work
- Great communication skills
- A kind and generous attitude towards customers and coworkers alike
What Makes Us Special
- An appreciation and understanding of unit and integration testing
- Experience integrating with external APIs at scale
We re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company, we also have a soul. Our vision is driven by a belief that the Internet should be fair and open to all. Without the protection of Cloudflare thousands of sites, including many non-profits, would not be able to stay online. We not only provide our highest level of protection free to many of these advocacy and human rights organizations, we also provide a free tier of service to every site on the Internet which choses to use Cloudflare. If you believe in a free and open Internet, Cloudflare is the right place for you.
This job is available in Austin, TX. Relocation assistance will be provided. Cloudflare is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment. Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.