The Ruby on Rails engineer is responsible for creating and maintaining SaaS products, custom APIs and mi...
The Ruby on Rails engineer is responsible for creating and maintaining SaaS products, custom APIs and micro-services at scale. The primary focus of this position will be development of all server-side logic, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. This position will also be responsible for integrating front-end elements into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is also necessary.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable code in any language
- Integration of data storage solutions - may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify performance issues, bugs and workflow matters. Then devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization in coordination with team objectives.
- Adapt to new technologies that may be selected based on business requirement decisions made along the way (NodeJS, Go, Scala, Java, C# are all potential candidates)
Technology Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience working with both SQL and noSQL databases
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Cognitive skills. Problem solving, logic, reasoning and adaptability across technologies
- Experience developing APIs and web services at scale
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors (SASS specifically)
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- A knack for writing clean, readable code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of Git code versioning and branch management
- Familiarity with development aiding tools such as NPM, Bundler, Rake, Yarn, Bower etc.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and automated deployment
SynergyDirectLLC is a Technical Staffing Solutions and Managed Services Provider, based in San Clemente, CA. As the brainchild of successful, enthusiastic and creative experts with passion for the business of staffing, this organization is dedicated to providing an advanced level of service starting with communication and transparency. Maintaining a strong network of IT Professionals across the US allows us to provide real time solutions for contract, contract to hire and direct hire needs in addition to our full service custom marketing and advertising campaigns. SynergyDirectLLC services most verticals within IT core competencies though we do have unique specialization in both the Digital and Infrastructure Technology spaces.