Pear is the leader in real-time audio coaching from your smartphone or smartwatch. Pear has smart training systems that coach you in real-time, creating the ultimate workout experience, inspiring you to reach your goals.
P e a r S p o r t s (Pear Sports LLC) is an emerging organization designed by a passionate team of entrepreneurs with athletic, technology and design backgrounds. Imagine running along your private coach giving you personalized tips on how to improve your fitness. Pear is dedicated to learning, discovery and personal empowerment. Pear's culture rewards those who take initiative and add value in making Pear Sports an outstanding environment to work. Pear focuses on teamwork, team building and a fun, supportive attitude among its team.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: Ruby SW Developer,
● API development with Ruby and Ruby frameworks: Sinatra and Ruby on Rails
● Design and develop RESTful APIs for internal and public use to support mobile and web applications
● Design back-end logic for new features, working closely with mobile engineers and product teams
● Performing complex product design, systems analysis and programming activities which may require research
● Diagnose performance bottlenecks and implement improvements
● Actively participating in product design and code review meetings
● Conducting unit testing and integration testing
● Fluent in git source control best practices
● Database design and management using PostgreSQL
● Fluent in cloud application development using Heroku and Amazon Web Services S3 and other Amazon web services.
● Ability to rapidly diagnose and fix server-side errors
● Expert scripting abilities in Ruby
● Ability to integrate with 3rd party systems and APIs
● Familiarity with services which support marketing initiatives such as Mailchimp, Mandrill and Mixpanel
● Familiarity with data-warehousing concepts and implementations
● Experience with payment gateways and web applications
· 5+ years experience software development
· 3+ years developing high availability web based applications in Ruby (Sinatra / Rails).
· Demonstrated programming skill, including design, code review, implementation, testing, and debugging.
· Strong working experience in RESTful web API services, OAUTH and efficient SQL database design.
· Solid OOP and software design knowledge
· Familiarity with Agile software development lifecycle processes and Test Driven Development
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Vacation & Personal Time, Health, Vision & Dental, Life, AD&D
Qualified applicants, who possess a can-do, team player attitude, please reference the above job title and send your resume directly to: for immediate consideration. Pear Sports, LLC is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state and federal laws.
Pear has smart training systems that coach you in real-time, creating the ultimate workout experience, inspiring you to reach your goals.
Pear Sports: Pear Sports LLC is an emerging organization designed by a passionate team of entrepreneurs with athletic, technology and design backgrounds. PEAR is the leader in real-time coaching for runners, cyclists, and athletes right on your smartphone.
The Mobile Application team is in charge of the iOS and Android PEAR apps development. We work as a nimble team, very closely with the backend and content development teams to provide the best experience for our users.
Pear is dedicated to learning, discovery and personal empowerment. Pear's culture rewards those who take initiative and add value in making Pear Sports LLC an outstanding environment to work. Pear expects all team members to play a responsible role in making Pear Sports LLC a successful, profitable and highly respected Company. Pear focuses on teamwork, team building and a supportive attitude among its team.
•Vacation & Personal Time, Health, Vision & Dental, Life, AD&D
Those qualified and whom posses a positive and team player attitude, please reference the above job title and send your resume to: or contact Shellie Lindquist