As Senior Software Engineer at our company, you will work on the front lines of a game development team, using your skills and...
As Senior Software Engineer at our company, you will work on the front lines of a game development team, using your skills and experience to build, support and enhance software for our social-mobile casino games. You will implement, debug, document, modify and generally support in-game features, development, and operational tools in a timely manner and actively participate in the design of the games. You have the ability to work with more senior technical staff, designing and implementing systems to realize the games we operate. Additionally, you are able to help mentor other engineers and game builders. You have technical skills to operate independently, and the communication and collaboration skills to be an integral and valued team player. At the Software Engineer level, you have the solid skills, experience, and work ethic to succeed as a software engineer, and the desire to learn from your teammates, all while building games that delight our customers.
Essential Job Functions:
• Write high-quality code for the backend and associated tools for our games in a thorough and timely manner.
• Design, implement, document, and maintain the server side of client/server based games using a variety of technologies, including Ruby, Sinatra, MySQL, and Redis.
• Contribute to the development of new/innovative gameplay features and interfaces.
• Write coherent, organized code and be comfortable working on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction.
• Identify potential solutions and liaise with Development teams to determine technical feasibility and level-of-effort to implement.
• Create/review detailed feature/functional/technical requirements specifications and ensure alignment with proposed platform solutions.
• Participate in relevant project meetings.
• Identify new tools/improved processes to aid the Development team in delivering new Network Gaming products.
• Mentor more junior level engineers.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
• 7 or more years of software development experience
• Experience with shipping and supporting a live consumer facing application is preferred
• Experience with development tools including IDEs, debuggers, bug tracking and source control systems required
• Strong Object Oriented programming skills
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Distributed application (client/server) development experience
• Game Development experience
• Experience using both traditional Relational (e.g. MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis)
• Server development experience for highly scalable, highly available consumer facing products in strongly preferred
• Familiarity with Object Oriented Programming techniques and languages
• Git, Perforce, CVS, SVN or other version control software
Please respond to: