MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ag...
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
My client is looking for a Ruby/Rails Develper Manager to join their team full-time. Your team will include several developers, some already doing this work and some you will hire. You should be senior enough to be able to lead them technically and code review their work. You will also have a dedicated QA resource to work with your team.
Our Client is the industry's only platform that facilitates cash, debit, credit and ACH payments. With its great mobile experience, their technology provides a simple way for businesses to collect payments through an intuitive, consistent experience for their customers. They are the technology company that's changing how payments are made.
What you'll do:
- Handle escalations from our merchants and retailers. This involves detective work to figure out what is wrong and write code or scripts to correct the problem. You will use your expertise to synthesize what you learned and write code to prevent it in the future by fixing or simplifying the product.
- Manage the building of our release branches and run automated tests. We have a very well defined release process that limits who can build and update production code branches. Your group will do this on our weekly cadence.
- Support a 50 person development group. This includes internal tool support as needed. This group will also be responsible for the periodic updates to Ruby and Rails but with full QA support for regression testing. In the past we have used a contracting firm to do these upgrades so you would manage this effort.
Skills & Experience:
Management and organization are paramount to this role. A successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- 3+ years of Rails coding and reviewing
- Ability to manage and mentor junior developers
- Good at detective work - you have to figure out the problems and fix them
Travel: Twice a year to headquarters (Covid19 permitting)
Great compensation package plus extensive benefits, including:
- A relaxed and professional working culture
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Stock options package
- Team outings and events when permitted