What We Need
Our software team needs to grow to support major software initiatives. We are maintaining our current sy...
What We Need
Our software team needs to grow to support major software initiatives. We are maintaining our current systems while developing new features and creating cloud-based services and APIs for use internally and by our business partners. Specifically, we need to improve our fulfillment and operations application. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Participate in requirements, architecture, and design discussions.
- Collaborate on design and architecture direction, with an eye toward short-term flexibility while pushing for long-term gain.
- Design, implement, and test high-availability systems for:
- processing incoming telemetry data including geolocation,
- mapping and correlation of location data,
- application of geofence-based rules for notification,
- managing business relationships that allow sharing of assets,
- and enabling secure access to both web-based UIs and APIs.
- Support customer issues and requests with the rest of the team.
- Use the existing code base to garner knowledge and understanding of current functions.
- Use and help investigate AWS native solutions including deployment (DevOPS) mechanisms.
- Will include enhancements to our fulfillment and operations application. Work will include:
- enabling and/or extending integrations with third-party systems
- adding requested functionality
- improving existing custom SQL queries
- refactoring the code base to improve maintainability
- and migrating to use internal GraphQL APIs as they become available.
How You Qualify
- Significant experience using Ruby/Rails.
- SQL knowledge, including experience with joins, unions, sub-selects, and optimizing queries.
- Willingness to learn from and share knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Solid understanding of and ability to explain standard programming techniques.
- Experience writing, testing, debugging, deploying, and maintaining web-based applications.
- Confidence using software version control systems.
- Some experience consuming and/or creating APIs for integration with external systems.
Preferred to Have
- Understanding of different data storage mechanisms, including RDBMS (specifically PostgreSQL) and key/value (specifically Redis) as well as the tradeoffs involved in making choices between them.
- Awareness of AWS product offerings and deployment mechanisms. Kubernetes (EKS) is a specific preference.
- Understanding of and experience with Agile/Lean values & principles and related methods.
- Experience with message-based systems (message bus, message streaming, pub/sub, etc.).
- Knowledge of GraphQL-based API usage and/or design.
Nice to Have
- Experience with GIS software (PostGIS, shapefiles, KML, MapServer, OpenLayers, Google Maps Platform).
- Experience in IoT development.
- GPS device or other embedded systems/hardware background.
- Experience with any of the following: Docker, Kafka, Resque.
- Most qualified candidates will have 5 or more years of professional experience.
Saving Record to JobDiva...