Who You'll Work With Our team is dynamic, talented, fun, and high-energy, and the work is done in a very casual environment. Additionally, t...
Who You'll Work With Our team is dynamic, talented, fun, and high-energy, and the work is done in a very casual environment. Additionally, there is a mentor program to surround you with security experts and resources to get you up to speed.
Who You Are: Advanced Security Initiatives Group (ASIG) is looking for a mid-to-senior level Ruby developer with a strong security mindset to help develop a cloud-based security validation platform
Required Skills: Development
- You have 4-7 years Ruby development experience
- Well versed in gems/plugins, Ruby on Rails, REST API interactions, and data modeling
- Proven background with object-oriented design and implementation
- Strong TDD background using Rspec
- Strong foundation using Docker to both create Docker images and deploy Docker containers
- Experience with Devops CI/CD pipelines
- Very comfortable with Git source control (gitlab/github)
- Cloud development and deployment
- Experience working with Terraform, Gitlab CI
- Operating system fundamentals and secure configuration
- Network protocol analysis and debugging
- Penetration testing using a variety of tools
- Cryptographic algorithm design and review
- Virtualization platforms and techniques
- Deep understanding of the OWASP top 10
- Web security testing
- Practical knowledge of cryptography
- Strong understanding of PKI
- Training and conference opportunities
- Independent and team research of advanced topics
- Collaborative training sessions
- Opportunity for voluntary participation in CTF events
- Home and work life balance
- On-site employees have access to a break room w/ pool table, foosball, ping pong and pinball machines
Primary locations: Raleigh, NC; Austin, TX; Knoxville, TN; remote considered depending on experience
US Citizenship or Permanent Residency Required (no sponsorship available) Why Cisco
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything people, process, data and things and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco