Hiring Model- Direct hire only - We are NOT able to hire C2C
Location: This position is based in US, Remote
Company Culture: Check us out on The Muse- https://www.themuse.com/profiles/cofense
Company & Products: https://cofense.com/#_water_cooler
Cofense, a leader in the cybersecurity industry with a mission to stop phish, is actively hiring a Senior/Principal Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET). Candidates must be US-based and comfortable with and capable of 100% remote work.
As an SDET at Cofense, you will be part of a QA team that ensures Cofense is releasing high quality products to our customers as well as being an advocate of software quality to the Engineering organization. QA at Cofense is more than just finding software bugs. We strive to shift testing as early and to the “left” as possible. We collaborate with developers to find ways to test new features and enhancements that delight our customers. We believe quality is the whole team’s responsibility, not just QA. And we are laser focused on test automation and finding ways to make testing as easy and efficient whenever possible.
You also will be collaborating with other SDETs to come up with QA and automation standards that can be used across the Engineering organization. If you have a passion for software QA and solving complex technical challenges, this is the role for you!
We are looking for multiple SDETs, ranging from Senior to Principal level software quality leaders. Our automation frameworks are based on Ruby/Rspec while familiarity of Java is a plus. The level you assume as a Cofense employee will be based on your experience in test automation, demonstratable knowledge of our tech stack, and knowledge of QA best practices.
Your Opportunities as a Cofense SDET
1. You will be a member of the Cofense QA team which will allow you to lead the testing efforts of one or more Cofense products. You will maintain and improve the automation framework for that product(s).
2. Collaborating with developers and Product Owners, you will have a key role in shaping the experience for our users across all our products. QA is often called the gatekeeper to the customer. If you see an issue during development or recognize a better path to delight our customers, you will be empowered to bring this concern up, and your expert advice will be respected by the product team. We strive to provide the best user experience (UX) to our customers as possible.
3. Opportunities to evolve as an SDET will be encouraged by your manager and the organization. We understand how important it is to keep current and leave our comfort zones.
4. Take time off as you see fit, without worrying about vacation allowances. All engineers have unlimited paid time off. Additionally, the company offers a generous number of sick days and company holidays. 401k matching and health/vision/dental coverage are also offered.
5. A monthly telecommunications stipend, along with various wellness benefits.
6. Active participation in a community of professionals that works tirelessly to fight back against malicious actors in the technology space.
Desired Knowledge & Skills
2. Experience with:
- Ruby: rvm, rspec, cucumber, Selenium
- Java: maven, cucumber, Mockito/spock, Selenium
3. Proficient with CI/CD methodology and tools: Jenkins, GitLab CI, Docker
4. Proficient with Cloud Native development and interacting with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc.)
5. Familiar using SQL with PostgreSQL and/or MySQL
6. Familiar with command-line tools under Linux, OS X, and/or Window environments
7. Familiar with using git for working with repositories, including branching and merging
8. Familiar with using QA/engineering tools such as JIRA, Confluence, TestRail
9. Constant desire and eagerness to further develop your skillset
10. Ability to mentor other developers across the company, identify process issues, and propose changes to ensure the team is working as efficiently as possible
11. Ability to be proactive, have a keen attention to detail, and eager to solve complex problems with little supervision
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.