Popmenu is a restaurant technology startup that is focused on creating unique, interactive online experiences for restaurant owners and thei...
Popmenu is a restaurant technology startup that is focused on creating unique, interactive online experiences for restaurant owners and their customers. We are seeking a software engineer/web developer with extensive Ruby experience to be an essential part of our rapidly growing company. The successful candidate will build and support features deployed to hundreds of sites and seen by millions of visitors.
- Assist in the design and implementation of scalable software at all levels of development
- Write well-thought-out, maintainable code
- Collaborate with designers and team members to find innovative solutions to problems
- Comply with project requirements and industry standards when appropriate
- Present ideas for possible system improvements
- Work in a self-starting environment
Note that individual requirements are not as important as a history of learning how to complete complex projects utilizing a variety of technologies or languages.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails (2+ yrs)
- Knowledge of latest HTML/CSS standards and cross-browser complexities
- Experience with RDBMS, such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience working with version control, preferably Git
- Must already be authorized to work permanently in the US
- Build innovative features with the latest web technologies (Rails, React, GraphQL)
- Be an essential part of a rapidly growing startup
- Work remotely with scheduled team meetups
- Flexible hours
- Meaningful early-stage stock ownership incentives