Join a growing team of Ruby on Rails Software Engineers responsible for building and maintaining the front end of FirstFuel's prod...
Join a growing team of Ruby on Rails Software Engineers responsible for building and maintaining the front end of FirstFuel's product platforms. The RoR Software Engineers will support product roadmap goals working as part of a high caliber, collaborative software development team.
* Develop engaging ROR applications utilizing interactive presentation of complex energy data and patterns.
* Work closely with the user experience designers and product managers to create full-stack implementations of new concepts, ideas.
* Work with on cross-functional teams and collaborate with product management and software engineering teams to convert prototypes into enterprise grade applications.
* Write clean, maintainable and efficient code.
* Design robust, scalable and secure features.
* Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
* Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring, code standards).
* Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design.
* BS/MS in Computer Science
* 5+ years of experience
* Ruby on Rails/software engineering skills:General Skills
* Experience developing production quality commercial applications.
* Expert knowledge of Ruby, Rails, Rspec, ActiveRecord and associated technologies.
* Knowledge of Java is a plus, but not required.
* Experience with full lifecycle of product development, validation and deployment.
* Experience with Web Development technologies - REST, Web Services, XML, HTTP.
* Knowledge of AWS deployment is a plus, but not required.
* Experience with Agile design and release methodologies.
* Exposure to large scale systems development, especially enterprise distributed systems.
* Proven passion for building and delivering high quality products in a timely manner.
* Strong oral communications and interpersonal skills; able to work well cross functionally.
* Able to think creatively to help deploy the next generation SaaS applications.
* Eager and committed to working in a growing, technology-driven company.