Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worl...
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
As a government contractor, Peraton abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
- Associates Degree and/or 5+ years of experience in the software development field. Bachelors degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Ruby as a programming platform to develop multi-tier web-based applications
- Ruby on Rails and REACT experience
- Must be willing to pair program
- Experience working within proper Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, utilizing source code control, and change management software
- Understanding of Ruby Best Practices
- Strong SQL coding background; understanding of SQL statement optimization/tuning
- Experience working in Agile and Kanban environments
- Infrastructure experience: AWS, Red Hat Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Apache, Chef
- Version control experience: Git, Github
- Requirements management experience: Leankit
- Ability to pass and maintain a US Government background investigation
Responsibilities Ruby on Rails Software Application Developer
- Experience with developing APIs and Microservices
- Testing tool experience: Cucumber, Brakeman, RSpec
- Certification: Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
The Peraton USCIS DID(it) Program provides USCIS with Agile development, engineering and maintenance capabilities to sustain its IT systems. DID(it) provides the services of Agile teams that participate in IT development, engineering, and maintenance efforts, including activities necessary to build, upgrade and sustain previously developed systems and applications using Lean processes. The DID(it) team works collaboratively with its government customers and other contractors following a team-based scaled flexible and scalable approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality. Peraton, we question, we seek and we solve. Because we know what it takes to answer our nations most pressing challenges. Its more than know-how its the relentless drive and commitment to mission success.Position Summary:
Peraton is seeking aRuby on RailsApplication Developer to be responsible for development, testing, and maintenance of applications utilizingRuby on Railsand related technologies. Candidate will be required to write unit tests and create and execute SQL (PostgreSQL) queries to verify data and troubleshoot issues. Candidate will also be responsible for assisting with the development of software technical documentation including requirements specifications, design documents, and test plans.Responsibilities:
For Colorado Residents
- Provide support for the full life cycle of software product development
- Perform prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems
- Develop, code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software
- Evaluate new software products and technologies, and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems
- Conduct software testing to ensure satisfaction of application development requirements
- Support software quality assurance and configuration management activities
- Document software procedures and develop software reports, plans, and products, such as software development plans, software requirements specifications, software design documents, software development files, source code, version description documents, and test plans
Salary Minimum: $69,180.80
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Perspecta's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Perspecta provides a variety of benefits to employees. - provided by Dice