Our client, located in Seattle Washington is looking to hire a Senior Ruby on Rail Architect. The successful candidate will work with manage...
Our client, located in Seattle Washington is looking to hire a Senior Ruby on Rail Architect. The successful candidate will work with managers, stakeholders, and other developers researching user needs, developing project specs, informing technical designs, and executing on those designs. This position requires strong software development practices and mastery of web application development using Ruby on Rails or a similar framework.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead design of new systems, features, and tools
- Define vision, strategy and principles for software architecture, including design and implementation of services, features, and standards
- Develop process improvements, share expertise with others, mentor and continually strive to improve overall contributions
- Work on experimental proof-of-concept projects
- Set key strategic architecture direction across project teams
- Review and test team code to ensure standards are met
- Collaborate with designers, other developers, and project managers to create, evaluate, and improve project plans
- Review proposed changes from engineering teams that may affect other areas of the system
- Stay up to date on development practices and learn new tools and technologies
- Create and maintain internal documentation
include the following.
- Leads design of new systems, features, and tools
- Defines v ision, strategy and principles for software architecture, including design and implementation of services, features, and standards.
- Develops process improvements, shares expertise with others, mentors and continually strive s to improve overall contribu tions.
- Expected to be hands-on developing and prototyping 50%.
- Works on experimental Proof-of-Concept projects.
- Sets key strategic architecture direction across project teams.
- Reviews proposed changes from engineering teams that may affect other areas of t he system.
- Creates or sign-off on services/payloads used for integration between systems and with external clients.
- Solves complex problems and identifies opportunities for technical improvement and performance optimization
- Reviews and tests code as approp riate to ensure appropriate standards are met.
- Provides leadership in ensuring consistent use of a standard applications development framework and methodology.
- Coordinates requirements definition for Application Development initiatives between business use rs and developers.
- Collaborates with designers, other developers, and project managers
- This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities at this time. However, this position includes m entoring other m embers of the development team and ensures quality and legibility of code is maintained. Supervises the development and maintenance of back-end systems by other members of the team.
- 6 + years' experience in developing web based applications
- Deep understanding of Ruby or similar languages
- Extensive experience with Ruby on Rails or a very similar web application framework
- Proficiency with Git and GitHub pull request workflow
- Oversee the development and maintenance of back-end systems by other members of the team
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in computer science from four-year college or university
- Eagerness to acquire new programming languages and computational methods required
- Ability to rapidly evaluate technologies for suitability in our systems
- Ability to work in both a highly collaborative environment as well as independently, without direct supervision
- Experience with distributed applications, including load balancing and caching techniques
- provided by Dice (RUBY ON RAILS over 2 year(s) OR ROR over 2 year(s) ) AND(ARCHITECT over 2 year(s) )