Leidos is seeking a Software/Application Developer to support an application for the VA to capture medical ex...
Leidos is seeking a Software/Application Developer to support an application for the VA to capture medical exam data by the clinicians for the Veterans toward disability assessment. The position will be fully virtual. The candidate will work in an agile and fast paced environment to enhance the existing application for new features and defect repair. Individual must be motivated, self-driven team player who interacts well with the team, and has good verbal/written communication to communicate for technical details and project tasks. The Application Developer will be responsible to design and implement features for the product developed in Ruby On Rails on Linux platform; and should be very comfortable with Linux and Relational database.
Qualifying applicant will have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field, with 2-5 years of experience with Ruby On Rails.
- Experience in UI design (for Ruby On Rails) application is a plus
- Experience/familiarity with Continuous Integration, and Jenkins or other CI tools
- Automated Unit Testing for Ruby On Rails and Section 508 Compliance would be highly desirable
- Experience working with products hosted on Cloud is a plus
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field, 2-5 years of technical experience
- Must have experience developing and/or supporting applications in Ruby On Rails
- Must be experienced using Linux OS and Relational Databases
- Must be an good verbal and written communicator, able to work with both technical and business users
- Must have a commitment to delivering high-quality software and data
- Must have strong attention to detail and an inquisitive mindset
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit . The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.