We are seeking a Senior RubyOnRails Software Engineer (REMOTE )to participate to the development of our international consumer platform. It ...
We are seeking a Senior RubyOnRails Software Engineer (REMOTE )to participate to the development of our international consumer platform. It includes challenging and interesting opportunities to work with different international markets (India, Canada, Europe), languages, and time zones.
- Participate and contribute to a culture of learning, collaboration and innovation.
- Design, architect and build innovative, exceptional and well-engineered applications with intuitive, well-designed user interfaces that satisfy requirements.
- Participate in and help drive architecture and design decisions.
- Help develop best practices for application development.
- Participate in the team's scrum activities (daily stand ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and planning).
- Participate in and influence user interface interaction and design decisions.
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and ensures successful on-time completion.
- Responsible for writing high quality, well tested code.
- 3 5 years of experience with web application development.
- Solid experience in RubyOnRails (up to 5)
- Solid knowledge in programming with MVC model
- Strong experience with AWS (Opswork, EC2, ElastiCache, S3)
- Experience with API/Web Services.
- Culture of automated testing: RSpec, Capybara, Unit test.
- Knowledge in Sass/Less
- Can suggest small mock-up to fix/replace existing solution.
- Ability to create/edit DNS record.
- Good level and experience in security (protecting secret key, firewall, ACLs, gem version, XSS, SQL injection, etc.).
- Knowledge with Chef and cookbooks.
- Knowledge in bash/shell scripting.
- Fluent in Linux language.
- Culture of 'no-down-time' (rolling deployments) and high availability (multi a-z) Knowledge in Nginx as a web server.
- Experience using GIT.
- Possess the ability to work on a task independently without the need for constant supervision.
- Proven results oriented person with a delivery and quality focus.
- Passion for working in small teams with rapid development cycles.
- Ability to challenge the norm and come up with unique ideas.
- Not afraid to challenge team members in a constructive and professional way.
- provided by Dice