6kites is seeking a Full Stack, Ruby on Rails Software Engineer who has at least 4 years of experience, to join our team. T...
6kites is seeking a Full Stack, Ruby on Rails Software Engineer who has at least 4 years of experience, to join our team. The ideal candidate is someone who will show initiative and leadership, to help 6kites meet our objective of consistently building exceptional software. In this position, you'll help build custom software applications for 6kites' customers, as well as marketplace apps for our platform partners. You'll need to be a quick learner with exceptional technical skills who "blows away" everyone you interact with and is passionate about their work. You must be comfortable working directly with customers and partners, tight deadlines, multitasking and context switching, be able to excel in a fast-paced environment, and show an eagerness to take on ever-increasing responsibilities. We operate as a distributed co-virtual team, so being productive as a remote employee is essential.
- Software development, design, and testing
- Analyzing requirements and translating into elegant, scalable, performant code
- Developing and documenting software requirements, designs and architectures
- DevOps, deploying applications to production and test instances
- Supporting existing software applications, diagnosing problems, and resolving issues
- Communicating and interacting with customers
- Managing agile project plans, estimating, and prioritizing deliverables
- Experience with any the following additional technologies is a plus: Heroku, Node.js, Java / J2EE
- Ability to interpret UX designs and develop them into beautiful and functional interfaces
- Ability to create and interpret requirements and translate these into highly performant, scalable, and elegant software architectures
- DevOps experience including setting up development and production environments, installing packages, deploying code, shell scripting and automating tasks.
- Comfortable working in an agile environment including experience with unit testing (rspec or similar), test driven development, continuous integration, and scrum/agile planning
- Ability to understand a customer's business objectives, vision and goals, and to translate these into application design and implementation
- Embrace working with a variety of technical and non-technical customers and team members
- Comfortable moving between development technologies, expanding skills, and eager to learn and take on new challenges
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or Engineering disciplines or equivalent experience
6kites helps business teams use software to improve their operations and maximize their potential. Whether we are helping companies fully utilize their investments in our platform partner's products, or building custom applications that meet our customer's unique requirements, we earn trust by combining expert knowledge with exceptional service. Today, 6kites' platform partners include Adobe, Atlassian, Hootsuite, IBM, and Salesforce. In all that we do, our goal is to "blow away" everyone we interact with.
At 6kites we've come up with a way to combine the best aspects of working virtually, with the power of co-working facilities. We call our model "Co-Virtual." Our Co-Virtual environment combines working remotely with face-to-face time as often as possible. So, you might be at home, a co-working facility we pay for, on a beach (working of course), or on Mars (good luck!). What matters is that we are constantly collaborating via a set of well-proven technologies, and bonding as a team regardless of where we are. Co-Virtual works well for many people, but it does require a great deal of discipline, focus, and comfort working independently.
We believe in creating an environment where happiness at work is a core value, not just lip service. We are committed to ongoing learning, being proud of our work, competitive pay and benefits, living a balanced life, having fun, and building a team bound together by shared core values.