Job title: Ruby on Rails Engineer Job Location- Remote (Bethesda, MD) Job Type: C2H/FTE Skills and Qualifications: · Bachelor's degree in C...
Job title: Ruby on Rails Engineer Job Location- Remote (Bethesda, MD) Job Type: C2H/FTE
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent field experience
· Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances is a must
· Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and meta-programming
· Understanding of functional programming style in Ruby
· Familiarity with concepts of Micro-service, MVC, Mocking, ORM, PubSub, RESTful, and SOAP
· Familiarity with popular messaging services such as RabbitMQ
· Familiarity with TDD or BDD
· Skills for writing reusable Ruby libraries that may be used in expressive ways
· Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
· Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Bundler, Rake, God, etc.
· A familiarity of Github for code versioning
· A familiarity with Agile development methodology
· Familiarity with JIRA
· Good understanding of request processing, queuing, caching, data storage, partitioning, and replication.
Thanks & Regards
Included Ruby / Rails jobs, news and articles alerts to make you stand out of the pack.
Most resumes are looked at for only 4 seconds. Use neuroscience to turn the tables.
3 steps to solve your ad-hoc hiring by turning it into a neuroscience puzzle
Scaling for 6 Million Users with Rails, Scala and Nodejs - Interview with the CTO of Gilt