Ruby on Rails Engineer - 1 Contract, 1 Full time opportunity

Company: Technical Integrity
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
Type: Full-time
Posted: 06.OCT.2017

Summary

Job Description Technical Integrity is proud to have been retained by our small but mighty client in Denver to help scale their tight knit ...

Description

Job Description

Technical Integrity is proud to have been retained by our small but mighty client in Denver to help scale their tight knit team of passionate, happy people. This is an immediate need, and relocation assistance is available for the right candidate to move to Colorado.

Our client prides themselves on their integrity, their direct and earnest approach to problem solving, and their award winning work with mission driven organizations of all shapes and sizes.

The Culture

Listed regularly as a Best Company to Work for, A Company to Watch, and Best Small Company in Denver, you can be sure this is indeed a down-to-earth place to collaborate and deliver the best custom built web applications. With unlimited PTO, strong pay, flexible hours and a generous work from home policy, it's clear that their employees are highly valued. If delivering only the highest quality products, building community, and leading a healthy lifestyle resonates with you, please read on.


The Job

85% of your time will be spent on developing software including planning, coding, and testing; the other 15% will be spent meeting with clients and your scrum team to learn about project scope and to manage project expectations and deliverables.

Processes and frameworks we use: Kanban, Scrum, Agile Software Development

Development tools we use: GitHub, Capistrano, Rspec, Capybara, Sass, Rubocop, Sidekiq

Project tools we use: Trello, Slack, Google Drive, Harvest

The Requirements

  • Stable work history- you have been at your current job and previous roles for a least 3 years, NO job hoppers
  • Strong exposure to Ruby on Rails and or interest in dedicating yourself to Rails
  • Prior OOP experience using PHP, Java, Python, etc
  • Knowledge and experience developing front end and back end
  • Extensive experience working with GIT or other version control
  • PostGres
  • Data modeling, with direct experience with database modeling tools
  • JavaScript, including working knowledge of JQuery
  • HTML / CSS
  • Love of problem solving and creative thinking
  • Strong communication (talking, listening, follow-up/resolution)
  • Generosity of spirit
  • Gentle authority
  • Adaptability
  • Ability to learn new things quickly; intellectual curiosity
  • Ability to see three steps ahead

The Compensation

  • 85-115k salary
  • Strong benefits package- 100% coverage health insurance, 401k, etc.
  • Flexible work schedule, unlimited vacation policy
  • Daily healthy meals and wellness programs onsite
  • Week off during holidays
  • Monthly wellness stipend
  • Continuing education stipend

Thank you for taking the time to review this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you!

Company Description
We are a small professional placement firm focused on making a difference in our community. We give back literally and figuratively by sponsoring great local programs, supporting Meetup groups, and by organizing events focused on the startup world in Denver and Boulder.

We don't identify with the sales-y or pushy approach that this industry is known for. We pride ourselves on having a candid, honest, straightforward conversation around cultural and technical matching with our clients and we have the same conversation with our candidates.

We are not interested in helping you just find a job, we want to help you find a career doing what you are passionate about. This means that if it's not a great match, we'll tell you. If we agree that there's a good match, we'll ask you to research our client and then decide whether you want to talk to them.

Our passion is to help our clients build great teams, not just fill positions and we believe our collaborative, honest approach is the right way to do this. Our mantra is "quality over quantity" in everything we do.

 
Apply Now
Flash-bkgn
Loader2 Processing ...