We are looking for Ruby/Rails engineer.? This role can be filled in either Pleasanton, CA or Portland, OR locations. This is an urgent requi...
We are looking for Ruby/Rails engineer.? This role can be filled in either Pleasanton, CA or Portland, OR locations. This is an urgent requirement for 6 months (with possibility for contract-to-hire conversion).?
- 7+ years of experience of active development on web applications built on Rails
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Ability to research challenging problems and diagnose other code bases (gems)
- Strong awareness of industry development, best practices, architecture patterns, key technologies under development, and tooling.
- Thorough understanding of OOP design principles and best practices.
- Strong familiarity with SQL (PostgreSQL) and relational database design, in particular: best practices, writing performant queries, and familiarity with ActiveRecord / Arel.
- Experience building integrations between different services and RESTful APIs.
- Strong understanding and awareness of security best practices in web application development.
- Familiarity with the unix command line / bash / etc.
- Bonus: familiarity with other popular web technologies (e.g. Elixir/Phoenix, Express.js, Typescript, etc.)