Clarity Services, a part of Experian, is the leading source of alternative credit data in the subprime lending industry. By leveraging alter...
Clarity Services, a part of Experian, is the leading source of alternative credit data in the subprime lending industry. By leveraging alternative data, our market- savvy data analysts are discovering trends and providing our clients innovative solutions for fraud, banking information, credit, compliance, prospecting and portfolio management.
At Clarity Services, we don't just give you data ? we give you insights.
Our engineer team is growing, and we are looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer.
The developer will formalize and build out our data reporting infrastructure and processes. This position requires strong SQL knowledge, as well as, the ability to interact with, and determine the needs of business partners to extract requirements.
Our environment has approximately 2 terabytes of data in MySQL and MongoDB. We use Rails on JRuby to run over a million transactions for our customers every day, with typical response times of 1-2 seconds for a basket of products. Additionally, we maintain uptimes north of 99.99%.
Not only is this a great opportunity, this position can be done virtually from a home office.
* Ruby on Rails currently at 4.2, moving to 5.1
* Git/GitHub repository, Jira for ticket tracking/scrum sprints and GitHub for code reviews.
* 1:1 test coverage for most of codebase and 2:1 for prime areas, working closely with the QA team.
* Mac laptops for development
* Jenkins for continuous integration, deploy to dual hot data centers
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications:
* BA degree or equivalent education and experience
* 2 years' solid Relational DB knowledge and experience. MySQL preferred.
* Experience with Ruby on Rails or equivalent MVC framework experience.
* Possess working knowledge of NoSQL databases like MongoDB
* Have documented experience with Docker
* Demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services like RDS
* You are responsible for your code. Must be available for escalated outage response 24x7