Brief Description Evans & Chambers Technology is actively seeking a highly motivated developer to design, develop, and build high quality we...
Brief Description Evans & Chambers Technology is actively seeking a highly motivated developer to design, develop, and build high quality web applications for a Department of Homeland Security customer. New generation software development and engineering shall be in compliance with standards as identified by the Government. Qualified candidates will possess a strong understanding of performance issues and have a creative ability to solve problems. The Developer must have a solid understanding of the best software practices, good code organization, and unit testing. Development will be performed in an Agile rapid application development environment. The web developer will be expected to work on 2-3 application efforts concurrently at times. You will also be responsible for applying experience and knowledge of usability to create web solutions that are Section 508 compliant.
* Provide consultation and development support services for engaging in mobile first development including Ruby on Rails, HTML5, Cascading Style Sheets, Responsive Web Design Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and agile development practices
* Analyze software requirements and provide solutions. Perform analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of software solutions.
* Provide consultation and support services for the full life cycle of software product development. These activities will include communication with the user community during requirements analysis, prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems.
* Evaluate new software products and technologies, and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems or build new ones.
* Provide software development support for the prototyping of analytical tools, data management and user interfaces to databases, and computational utilities.
* Conduct software testing to ensure satisfaction of application development requirements.
* Support software quality assurance and configuration management activities, such as those conducted by USCIS' applicable review authorities.
* Document software procedures and develop software reports, plans, and products, such as software development plans, software requirements specifications, software design documents, software development files, source code, version description documents, and test plans.
* Must be a US Citizen
* Must be able to pass DHS Suitability clearance
* Demonstrated experience with Ruby as a programming platform to develop multi-tier web-based applications
* Experience working within proper Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, utilizing source code control, and change management software is highly desired
* Understanding of Ruby Best Practices
* Mentor and lead other developer teammates on best practices and coding standards
* Strong SQL coding background; understanding of SQL statement optimization/tuning
* Experience with developing APIs and Microservices
* Experience working in Agile and Kanban environments
* GIS functionality experience
* Infrastructure experience: AWS, Fedora, Red Hat Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Apache, Chef
* Version control experience: Git, Gitlab, Github
* Requirements management experience: Leankit, JIRA
* Testing tool experience: Cucumber, Brakeman, RSpec
Get On Board!
Evans & Chambers is a progressive IT solutions provider located in Washington, DC. We offer excellent salaries and benefits in a fun and energized work environment. We are committed to rewarding goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on.