Internet Development Level IV consultant that is skilled in Ruby on Rails. The engagement will require a person with application development...
Internet Development Level IV consultant that is skilled in Ruby on Rails. The engagement will require a person with application development knowledge to refactor several business systems. The goal is to reduce the technical debt within our portfolio. Some of the common tasks that are to be performed on each application will be: migrate the application's persistence layer from Oracle to SQL Server, refactor PL/SQL logic into application code, and refactor integrations by consuming and/or producing SOAP or REST services. This engagement will backfill and free up other resources to work on other critical Argonne projects.
The consultant will:
- Conduct group discussions with key players.
- Work with the product teams to help determine requirements and understand the design of each product.
- Refactor, build and test the each product.
Work would begin June 18, 2018
Technical Direction of Work
Report to the Product and Application Services Manager of Foundation Services within Business & Information Services.
Task and Time Reporting
The project managers measure work performed by the contractor on a task basis. The tasks typically represent 20 to 80 hours of effort with performance being measured at the completion of each of the assigned tasks. Hours will be recorded on a bi-weekly time sheet; progress against planned tasks will be reported weekly.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Ruby on Rails Technologies.
- Experience in consuming and producing web services (SOAP preferred).
- Comprehensive knowledge of Oracle, SQL Server, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions a plus.
- Previous experience with Agile Scrum methodology a plus.
- Considerable skill in defining and aligning team members to the common mission.
- Excellent communication and technical skills.
- Able to work both independently and as a contributing member of a technical team.
- Able to effectively interact with the organization to derive requirements and design solutions.
- Able to disseminate knowledge to current staff.
- Extensive knowledge of the underlying infrastructure technologies that we will be using, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, virtual machines, Apache, Single Sign On, and load balancing technologies.
- Previous experience with the Agile Scrum methodology is a plus.
- provided by Dice Ruby on Rails, SOAP or REST, SQL, Stored Procedures, Oracle, Agile