Sevatec, Inc. is seeking a talented Senior Ruby on Rails systems engineer to support the implementation of Identity, Credential, a...
Sevatec, Inc. is seeking a talented Senior Ruby on Rails systems engineer to support the implementation of Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM) at a Federal agency. The right candidate will be a talented Ruby on Rails Engineer Subject Matter Expert (SME) who has a passion for programming, possesses a deep understanding of DevOps practices, and desire to join a team of exceptional developers working in a fast-paced environment to deliver first-class software. The Ruby on Rails Engineer SME will work in a fast-paced collaborative and agile environment following Scrum/Kanban methodologies to build custom Ruby internal and public-facing applications.
- Write clean, maintainable, reusable, reliable, and efficient Ruby code
- Design robust, scalable and secure features
- Final review of Ruby code submitted by the team
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle - architecture, design and development, user experience development, documentation, unit testing, delivery and maintenance
- Advise and assist government staff and contractor leadership with planning and executing the continuous delivery of client's ICAM releases into full operational status
- Provide support to ICAM system engineers to ensure that the custom app functions seamlessly with integrated COTS products within the ICAM system
- In the spirit of continuous improvement, support the evaluation of implementation results, analyze problems, make recommendations, and implement plans for enhancement
- Respond to and troubleshoot incidents, both for end users and applications
- Interact with account management personnel as well as help desk employees
- Support other systems which interact with ICAM
- Master's degree OR 15 years of experience
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque
- Senior-level understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Experience with Test Drive Development (TDD), continuous integration, Scrum, Kanban
- Proven working experience developing applications using modern, open source web frameworks and tools
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Understanding of Section 508 Compliance
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a government agency Suitability Clearance. DHS clearance preferred.