Emtec is a Global consulting company that provides technology-empowered business solutions for world-class organizations. ...
Emtec is a Global consulting company that provides technology-empowered business solutions for world-class organizations. Our Global Workforce of over 800 consultants provide best in class services to our clients to realize their digital transformation journey. Our clients span the emerging, mid-market and enterprise space. With multiple offices worldwide, we are uniquely positioned to deliver digital solutions to our clients leveraging Microsoft, Java and Open Source with a focus on Mobility, Cloud, Data Engineering and Intelligent Automation. Emtec's singular mission is to create "Clients for Life" - long-term relationships that deliver rapid, meaningful, and lasting business value.
At Emtec, we have a unique blend of Corporate and Entrepreneurial cultures. This is where you would have an opportunity to drive business value for clients while you innovate and continue to grow and have fun while doing it. You would work with team members who are vibrant, smart and passionate and they bring their passion to all that they do - whether it's learning, giving back to our communities or always going the extra mile for our client.
Emtec is seeking a Ruby on Rails Developer to assist our client on a contract basis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Collaborate with the Product Manager and other developers to design and build a real-time, web-based system for freight management, including React UI, Rails API and other microservices.
* Ensure interfaces function quickly and beautifully across devices
* Build API's for web and mobile clients
* Write clean, maintainable, and well-tested code
* Engage in the full development life-cycle including architectural design and testing
* Be a force-multiplier on the velocity and quality of your team
* Stay current on software engineering trends & tools, and be practical but open-minded in applying them
* Maintain a high bar for quality and performance of your product with vigorous attention to detail and automated testing
* Continuously improve how we design, build, and ship software as a highly functional team
Must Have Skills:
* 5+ years of practical experience in software development, including designing, building, deploying, and maintaining web applications
* Experience with Ruby/Rails
* Experience working with RESTful APIs and SaaS application development
* Experience with GraphQL a plus
* Ability to understand complicated problems and craft into simple solutions that can be maintained by the rest of the team
* Ability to train and mentor junior engineers
* Experience with SQL and RDBMS
* Experience NoSQL technologies a plus
* Experience in cloud infrastructure preferred (AWS, Azure, GCP, Heroku etc)
* Experience in logistics industry a plus
Emtec is an Equal Opportunity Employer
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.