* The Ruby on Rails Engineer will work in a fast paced collaborative and agile environment, following Scrum/Kanban method...
- The Ruby on Rails Engineer will work in a fast paced collaborative and agile environment, following Scrum/Kanban methodologies, to build custom Ruby internal and public-facing applications.
- Write clean, maintainable, reusable, reliable, and efficient Ruby code; Design robust, scalable and secure features
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle - architecture, design and development, user experience development, documentation, unit testing, delivery and maintenance
- Analyze software requirements and provide solutions. Perform analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of software solutions.
- Provide consultation and support services for the full life cycle of software product development.
- Provide software development support for the prototyping of analytical tools, data management and user interfaces to databases, and computational utilities.
- Supporting the evaluation of implementation results. This includes evaluating progress and results of projects to examine compliance with the client s Architecture, result effectiveness, and execution efficiency; analyzing problems; making recommendations
- Responding to and troubleshooting incidents, both for end users and applications.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting performance of the system as necessary
- Master s degree or higher, and/or 15 years of experience
- 5-years+ experience in Ruby on Rails development
- Experience with React
- 5-years+ experience in Agile development and/or 3-years+ experience in DevOps development
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Experience using Ruby on Rails in conjunction with an underlying database like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL or PostgreSQL. PostgreSQL is preferred.
- Experience with Test Drive Development (TDD), continuous integration, Scrum, Kanban
- Proven working experience developing applications using modern, open source web frameworks and tools
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT
- Understanding of Section 508 Compliance
Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a government agency Suitability Clearance. DHS clearance preferred. EEO Statement:
Sevatec is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."