We are looking for a Software Engineer that is passionate about improving the health of our communities through transportation. As a leader ...
We are looking for a Software Engineer that is passionate about improving the health of our communities through transportation. As a leader on the team, you'll be asked to carry the torch for taking requirements and turning them into design, architecture, and elegant code. This position is based out of our Richmond, VA office and reports to our Director of Engineering.
The ideal candidates will possess the following experience and qualifications:
What You'll Do:
- 3+ years professional software engineering experience (minimum 2 years of Ruby on Rails experience)
- Experience working in Agile development team environment
- Web backend: ruby on rails
- Enjoys writing well-tested, well-organized code
- Previous experience working with offshore developers is a huge plus
- Interpret problems and business requirements to design and architect elegant solutions
- Document, architect, develop, and test software with a commitment to excellence, including clear, commented code
- Collaborate with remote vendors to promote understanding of our product suite and ensure high-quality code
- Ensure high performance of our application through systems analysis and improvement recommendations
- Be a good steward of our agile environment and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Onboard and mentor new and existing members of the team and guide them to success