Our development team works on the entire tech stack (from low level database operations to front end development) for a lar...
Our development team works on the entire tech stack (from low level database operations to front end development) for a large cloud based enterprise application for the construction industry. Engineers work with all of our departments from sales, account management, support and product; with a strong emphasis on the ability to speak with clients to understand user needs. Our tools of choice are Ruby/Rails/Postgres on Rackspace Private Cloud. Our mobile apps provide access to many of Procore's tools on iOS, Android, and Windows.
This position is based at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We're looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What You'll Do:
- Translate UX designs into fully functional applications
- Develop & deliver products in a timely manner
- Make architectural design decisions that improve scalability & performance
- Build products that meet the customer's needs
- Exercise code reviews & provide constructive feedback
- Effectively collaborate with Product, QA, UX, and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical)
What we're looking for:
- Knowledge of Rails - 2+ years in a professional environment
- Experienced in Agile development
- Experience or education in building apps with Test Driven Development (TDD) and RSpec
- Knowledgeable in SQL (PostgreSQL) and query optimization
- Familiarity with Linux, AWS (EC2, S3, etc.)
- Experienced in working with and developing RESTful APIs
- Experienced in working with asynchronous requests in large scale applications
- Collaboration/contributions with the open source community
Widger Talent offers flexible recruitment services tailored to meet the needs of your organization. From landing a single tough hire to launching a brand new team, we can support your search in any capacity. Our goal is to provide the stellar customer service you'd expect from an in-house recruiter while offering the versatility of an independent contractor or agency relationship.