We are looking for a Rails developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. You...
We are looking for a Rails developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
Skills, Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails
- Minimum of a proficient knowledge of an MVC framework
- Ability and desire to build clean, maintainable and reusable code
- Follow emerging technologies and suggest new tools to the team, huge plus
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Experience with a relational database, preferably Postgres
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- A knack for writing clean, readable object oriented code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of the code versioning tool, Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
Education: Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field is highly preferred but not required
Autobrain, created by parents, techies and a volunteer first responder, is a connected car platform that turns almost any car into a "Smart" car, offering a full range of safety, security, convenience and diagnostic features in a single package. Some key applications are: Car Finder, Safe Baby Reminder, Diagnostic Information and Mechanic Hotline, Trip Reports, Roadside Assistance, Driving Behavior/Reports, Curfew Alerts, Boundary Alerts, Crash Detection, Emergency 911 Response and more. We are looking to help bring peace of mind to parents of teenage drivers, children of senior drivers, fleet managers and all drivers. We are a casual office where daily learning is our biggest focus.
Our software developers work out of our open concept office, overlooking the beautiful city of New Orleans, LA. We are a dynamic and engaging team, growing quickly and looking to fill our open positions with self-starters, creative thinkers, problem solvers, and candidates who want to grow with an awesome company. We are a casual office where daily learning is our biggest focus. We work regular work week hours, love to keep snacks available within arms reach, and encourage our team to use their creativity to help us become the #1 connected car platform on the market.
Autobrain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Autobrain complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Autobrain expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Autobrain 's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.