Ruby On Rails developer position
Looking for a senior (well seasoned) Ruby on Rails engineer who is great with RoR, MySQL, RDS, Docker, Apache, Nginx, Ruby, Active Record, Git etc.
Simple description but this is to the point.
Need someone to maintain and improve our existing internal and external facing websites and API services.
I'd say the most exciting part of this job is that you get to learn business processes. This isn't the usual, let's create a blog job. This is creating business applications.
Here is the 'official' job info:
- Ruby on Rails – Strong testing and architecture skills
- Experience creating high-scale web applications (caching, redis, aws experience)
- Excellent ruby scripting skills
- Writing highly readable code
- Understand CSS/SASS to communicate/work with designers.
- Able to setup Linux web server
- Able to write an automation bash script
- Able to use mysql console
- You are curious about how users are using your product.
- You strive to remove unnecessary clicks from the user’s workflow.
- You like to solve problems and are skillful in tracking down coding bugs.
- You are an excellent communicator - you get your point across clearly and concisely.
- You take the initiative to pitch in and help as issues arise.
- You manage your time efficiently and have a strong work ethic
- Create general website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices, using Ruby on Rails best practices.
- Integrate data from carious back-end services, databases (SQL/mySQL server, Salesforce) and files.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Work with infrastructure team, when required, to troubleshoot website and database issues.
- A web developer will also assist with the deployment, management, troubleshooting and updating of backend databases and servers related to our Ruby on Rails environment.
- Writes Ruby on Rails tests.
- Works with engineering to develop ERP/CRM backended API's for customer and product facing services/websites.