1. · Write software programs ranging from process automation to interactive Web applications.
2. · Develo...
- · Write software programs ranging from process automation to interactive Web applications.
- · Develop and implement APIs and provide support in a Service Oriented Architecture.
- · Perform troubleshooting to identify and diagnose problems.
- · Debug and analyze issues in production applications.
- · Develop prototypes.
- · Evaluate development tools and languages and make recommendations for incorporating those tools into projects.
- · Assist web team in troubleshooting application issues and development process issues.
- · Knowledge of essentials of Unix server architecture, particularly Linux and Solaris.
- · Experience with most common command line tools.
- · Ability to use compiled and interpreted languages.
- · Ability to analyze hardware disk I/O, CPU utilization, memory swapping, virtual machine threading, and garbage collector tuning.
- · Perform troubleshooting to diagnose application problems, including: compiler linkage errors, run-time bottlenecks, multi-threaded race conditions, and database query optimization.
- · Experience using MySQL and/or equivalent database systems.
- · Solid understanding of ACID database properties, query isolation levels, and SQL coding practice to avoid database deadlock scenarios.
- · Experience using Apache and/or equivalent web server software.
- · 3-to-5 years experience with object-oriented programming.
- · 3 years experience writing applications in Ruby.
- · 3 years experience using Ruby On Rails, writing Bash scripts.
- · Working knowledge of other web frameworks such as mod_perl, embperl, PHP, JSP, ASP, ColdFusion, or equivalents.
- · Experience with other modern Unix dynamic languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, and Bash and the ability to identify the appropriate tool or language for assigned tasks.
· Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or other technical field, or combination of equivalent education and experience.
Triveni is a technology company located in the New York City area. Triveni utilizes agile technologies to develop web solutions for our clients. We are seeking highly-motivated developers to join our team. The successful candidate will focus on the detailed programming of software solutions to satisfy complex business requirements. We provide a casual work environment where hard work is rewarded.