You're a seasoned developer with a keen interest in new technologies, and enjoy working with your team to s...
You're a seasoned developer with a keen interest in new technologies, and enjoy working with your team to ship new features every week. You have deep knowledge of Rails and a variety of useful Gems. You also enjoy assisting with related parts of the technical stack, like iOS. Most of all, you are passionate about building great products that make people's lives better and want a role in changing the world.
About the Role
The Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Developer role is focused on advancing our internal and customer-facing web applications using Ruby on Rails, Bootstrap, React, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch and numerous libraries and frameworks. The challenges range from implementing dynamic user experiences and solving business optimization problems, to building real-time communications tools and working with large data sets.
At our headquarters in the Philadelphia metro area, your day starts with a 15 minute Scrum meeting where you'll answer three questions:
1. What did you do yesterday?
2. What will you do today?
3. Is anything blocking you?
For the rest of the day, you'll work with your cross-functional team of software developers, quality assistance and product experts to continuously deploy new features, improvements, and bug fixes into production. Each team is empowered with the freedom to make decisions and try new things. We are constantly pushing the envelope of what is possible. Your team will be at the forefront of that push.
Required Education and Experience
About Your Skills and Experiences
* Three years of Ruby on Rails or experience with similar web frameworks
* Skilled at writing clear, concise and performant Ruby, HTML, CSS and
* Experience working with MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch or Memcached
* Very familiar with git and GitHub source control
* Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, and general web
functions and standards
* Strong understanding of RESTful web services and JSON
* Ability to collaborate with others on a cross-functional team to solve problems
creatively and effectively
Nice to have
* Comfortable working on a large Rails codebase and continuously deploying code
* Experience with React, voice apps built with Adhearsion and Asterisk, or iOS development
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
About the Company
At Power Home Remodeling, we believe in making your goals a reality, as seen by our recent selections as Fortune Magazine's #1 Workplace for Millennials, #1 Workplace for Camaraderie, and one of the world's Best Companies to Work For.
Your success is in your own hands, and we have your back the whole way. Strong leaders, mentors, training, and powerful tools - all helping you push yourself to the top until your idea of the top is higher than you ever imagined.