Our client, an SaaS provider for property management, is looking to hire a Ruby on Rails Developer to join their team. This role is 100% Rem...
Our client, an SaaS provider for property management, is looking to hire a Ruby on Rails Developer to join their team. This role is 100% Remote but the client prefers if you sit in EST or CST.
This opening is a 6-month contract to hire
The client is looking for an intermediate level Ruby on Rails Developer with strong development and problem-solving skills with a focus on backend development, however any knowledge of front end development / knowledge of AWS will be a plus as well as experience writing automated tests with Rspec. This person will assist with creating new features and maintenance to the existing platform.
* Maintain a production Ruby on Rails application
* Develop new features following product and technical specifications
* Work in an issue tracker to analyze, discuss, and document issues
* Investigate, document, and repair application defects
* Deploy new software releases and maintain devops
* Collaborate with other developers, QA, and product stakeholders
* Write automated tests in RSpec
* Perform code review for other developers' changes
* Follow a lean agile process using Kanban
* Recommend improvements to application architecture
Desired Skills & Experience
* Solid backend web development experience
* Intermediate to advanced Ruby on Rails skills
* Experience with MySQL database or other SQL-based database
* Experience working in an AWS - Amazon Web Services environment experience desired
* Ability to work with multiple languages is desired
* Light domestic travel may be required
* Attention to detail and persistence
* Ability to keep track of different projects
* Good communication skills
* Self-directed Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.