SAIC is looking to fill a position for an Application Programmer to oversee scope, cost, and schedule of a project; working on ...
SAIC is looking to fill a position for an Application Programmer to oversee scope, cost, and schedule of a project; working on large projects or a significant segment of large and complex projects. Analyze new and complex project-related problems and create innovative solutions that normally involve the schedule, technology, methodology, tools, solution components, and financial management of the project. Provide applications systems analysis and long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities for necessary support resources. Commensurate experience and education for the specific level.
The Application Programmer must be an experienced developer with Ruby on Rails (RoR) experience to work with our customer to maintain multiple Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H) applications, upgrade a group of existing websites and team with other software engineers to support the ES&H business.
The software developer will:
- Gather requirements, design, develop and test high-reliability applications, and provide end user support for many applications used throughout the organization
- Manage software application code using version control and problem tracking software expediently and accurately
- Work effectively in an agile software development environment and in a geographically distributed team environment
- Interact closely with customers
- BS/BA or nine (9) yrs. in IT-related field (i.e. Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering) including 6 or more years of Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails experience (Candidate must have BS/BA AND 9 years' experience or 13 years' experience with no degree)
- Experience working on large applications in a team environment
- Experience using Agile development methodologies
- Can start uncleared but must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L clearance
- Experience with MySQL/MariaDB
- Experience using PHP, Angular, and/or C#/.NET
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.