Our client is looking for a Ruby on Rails expert to join their team on a direct hire basis. This role is responsible for supporting the enti...
Our client is looking for a Ruby on Rails expert to join their team on a direct hire basis. This role is responsible for supporting the entire scope of an application, including assisting with design, monitoring performance, understand interactions between components, as well as define limitations and requirements for source code. This role requires extensive experience in architecting and deploying web-based and web-enabled business applications, and must possess hands-on experience in coding, deploying distributed architectures and platforms, creating benchmark tests, designing for scalability and performance, and implementing large-scale systems.
- Will work with Product, Development, and QA Team s to define product architecture and contribute to the development and implementation of the organization's Products
- Will have responsibility for one or more technical aspects of development
- Help create documentation with regards to application architecture, design steps, integration processes, and testing processes
- Participate in routine product builds. Design and code reviews.
- Participate in internal testing to identify problems early, perform error and stress scenarios.
- Identify and recommend where new technologies may be incorporated
- Will work with Business Analysts to aid in the design of the system
- Provide domain specific training and mentor other team members
- 5+ years of system level, application level and database level performance management , supportability and logging
- Experience with asynchronous jobs and/or data pipelines
- A dedication to automated testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment, and configuration management through IT automation. Good understandings of multiple kinds of tests, and use of them in daily development activities
- Must be highly creative and have extremely strong problem-solving skills
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable presenting to development groups.
- Must have a thorough understanding of how web applications are architected, how web servers and clients interact, the influence of software and hardware architecture on each other database design
- Conducts research on emerging application development software products and packages, languages, and standards in support of development efforts
- Creates new open source packages and improves existing packages
- Remote basis; however, candidates local to San Diego, CA, Atlanta, GA or Dallas, TX are preferred.
- provided by Dice