DataStaff is currently seeking a Ruby on Rails Developer with possibility of working remotely for a client located in the Columbia, SC area....
DataStaff is currently seeking a Ruby on Rails Developer with possibility of working remotely for a client located in the Columbia, SC area.
This is a 12-month contract to update and expand an existing ruby on rails application and incorporate new features requested by the client. Work will include front end and backend development to meet contract deliverables. We work closely with our customers, and candidates will be expected to participate remotely in weekly meetings to discuss requirements for new development and give demos of completed development.
- Ruby on Rails development
- Writing tests
- Generating ad hoc reports for client as needed
- Providing daily status updates to team
- Following change management workflows
- Participation in client meetings for requirements gathering and demos of finished work
- Presence on our internal IM system during work hours
- Rails, Git, Web Security, Rest API experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Test-driven development
- 6+ Years Verbal Communication Skills
- 6+ Years Written Communication Skills
- 2+ Years SQL
- 2+ Years Application Security
- 2+ Years Linux
- 2+ Years JQUERY
- 4 + Years Ruby
- 4+ Years Ruby on Rails
- JSON, command line, SSH, Haml, SCSS, Haskell
- Ability to work independently
- Creating technical documentation
- Prior experience working as a remote contractor
- 2+ Years JSON
This position is available as a W2 position with a competitive benefits package. DataStaff offers medical, dental, and vision coverage options as well as paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave. As many of our opportunities are long-term, we also have a 401k program available for employees after 6 months.
- provided by Dice