Connect Search is working with a client in dowtown Chicago. Our client is looking for a Ruby On Rails Developer, who can, Develop Ruby 5 Rub...
Connect Search is working with a client in dowtown Chicago. Our client is looking for a Ruby On Rails Developer, who can, Develop Ruby 5 Ruby Version 2, in a cloud based environment.
****US Citizens & Green Card holders are encouraged to apply.****
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 80% of time spent in hands on development.
- Designs, implements and maintains software for an entire domain.
- Delivers feature improvements including performance and scalability improvements.
- Ensure that their projects and their work meet 'Definition of Done' quality standards.
- Increase the level of teams' technical ability and drives measurable improvement of quality of code.
- Improve accuracy of development schedules and lowers project risk.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- 3+ years in a Senior Engineer role developing Enterprise-level applications is required
- 7+ years of professional software development
- 4+ years developing application services using Ruby on Rails is required
- 2+ years creating APIs as products is required. An intimate knowledge of RESTful protocols is assumed
- 3+ years of working within AWS technologies to create cloud-based architecture is required
- Java experience is a plus, but not required
- Advanced degree (MSc) or equivalent industry experience
- Experience of event-driven architectures is desired
- Experience with End-to-End (E2) testing frameworks and unit testing frameworks such as JUnit,TestNG, Mockito.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, TDD, CI,CD
Core Technical Skills/Experience Requirements:
- Ruby on Rails 5
- Ruby Version 2+
- RDBMS/SQL (Postgres, MySQL, or Oracle experience required)
- Cloud: AWS, Azure, and core cloud services
- Source Versioning: Git/Github/Gitlab
Nice to Have Skills:
- Event Driven Architectures & Distributed Messaging (Message Bus, Kafka, MQ, etc…)