* We are seeking a passionate and talented Software Engineer who has a good grasp on Ruby on Rails. Using their skills, th...
- We are seeking a passionate and talented Software Engineer who has a good grasp on Ruby on Rails. Using their skills, they will help us continue building out our APIs and services, aimed at aiding the over 30 million uninsured patients at the pharmacy counter. The ideal candidate would be someone with a thorough background in CS fundamentals such as data structures, algorithms, and design patterns. They would be well versed in the challenges and complexities involved in building scalable and robust applications. Most importantly, they would thrive in a fast paced & collaborative culture, helping to grow a pharmacy startup.
- Hands on experience with Ruby on Rails. (Must)
- Hands on experience with MySQL, Postgres, or other RDS system. This include schema design and normalization.
- API design and implementation experience for mission critical systems. Ruby on Rails is used for Backend, and sometimes Frontend as well. Our Ruby on Rails position is backend only, focusing on building scalable APIs.
- 3 years of experience, working with Ruby on Rails framework. Or the ability to demonstrate advanced RoR concept and learning.
Required Technical Skills and experience:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience working with Ruby on Rails or similar frameworks
- Proficiency working with Ruby on Rails specifically for APIs
- Have spent at least 2 years building web services used by production applications.
- Good understanding of designing and implementing REST APIs
- Comfortable stepping into the Unix CLI to perform maintain utility functions.
- Past experience shipping tested code with functional, unit, and integration tests
- Experience working with RDBs for at least 2 years, specifically Postgres or MySQL
- Have worked in an Agile environment, and are familiar with SCRUM and/or Kanban
- Expert understanding of Git, not afraid to cherry pick or squash commits
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment where team members fill many roles
- Have participated in code review process, giving constructive feedback to peers
- Ruby on Rails
- PostgreSQL & MySQL
- provided by Dice