The Developer shall be responsible for the development, testing, and maintenance of applications utilizing Ruby on Rails and related technol...
The Developer shall be responsible for the development, testing, and maintenance of applications utilizing Ruby on Rails and related technologies.
- Provide support for the full life cycle of software product development
- Design, create and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and configuration management activities.
- Conduct software testing to ensure the satisfaction of application development requirements
- Evaluate new software products and technologies, and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems
- Document software procedures and develop software reports, plans, and products, such as software development plans, software requirements specifications, software design documents, software development files, source code, version description documents, and test plans.
- Bachelor s degree with 5+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with Ruby as a programming platform to develop multi-tier web-based applications
- Understanding of Ruby Best Practices
- Experience working within proper Software Configuration Management processes, utilizing source code control, and change management software
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Must be US Citizen and be able to pass an extensive background investigation for a security clearance.
Nice to Have:
- Infrastructure experience: AWS, Red Hat Linux.
- Knowledge of: Git, GitHub
- provided by Dice