As our ideal candidate, you're passionate about developing and finding complex systems to work on. You relish the idea of being...
As our ideal candidate, you're passionate about developing and finding complex systems to work on. You relish the idea of being able to work across all layers of the stack but are just as happy refactoring a model.
You will be responsible for new product feature development and existing feature enhancements within client application as well as work with the current development team to help support the client customer base and the client Success team with technical issues.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate as a member of our development team to improve Client SaaS offering
- Work directly with support and operation teams to quickly resolve issues as they are reported
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- API integrations with other systems
- Architect and implement solutions from defined specs
- Work directly with customers on an as needed basis to resolve issues
- Assist in technical documentation as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- 4 or more years of continual experience with Ruby projects with at least one project running in production
- Strong comprehension of MVC framework, OOP, and RESTful design patterns
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of jQuery and CSS
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases. MySQL and MongoDB preferred.
- Comfortable with TDD, BDD, and Unit Testing
- Able to debug processes within the Rails Console
- Have written and consumed APIs
- Familiar with New Relic reporting
- Must be able to develop efficient solutions to complex problems
- AWS Certification or equivalent experience
- Data analysis
- Knowledge of Elixir
Education and Experience
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent related work experience required
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams preferred
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Must be comfortable working in both a team environment as well as solo
- AWS and Ubuntu Experience a plus
- provided by Dice