Our client provides subscription based services for access to analytics and content related to scientific and academic research, patents, tr...
Our client provides subscription based services for access to analytics and content related to scientific and academic research, patents, trademarks, regulatory standards, pharma & bio intelligence and intellectual property management. With a legacy database environment platform they are embarking on an effort to modernize the framework and incorporate additional services to meet client demand. The company has a need for two Ruby on Rails Developers for a 6-12 month contract.
The following are high level requirements for the role:
- 4+ Years of Ruby on Rails Development Experience
- Strong Understanding of Ecommerce and High Availability Production Standards
- Experience with Unit Testing, Cloud and Elastic Search (Preferred)
- Develop Model View Controller (MVC) Architecture based Web Applications in Ruby on Rails, BackboneJS and ReactJS
- Create new online products
- Integrate 3rd party payment systems & Commerce platforms
- Perform Database Migration using Active Records, also Action Controller, Active Resources, Fixtures and Action View in Rails
- Implement AJAX driven UI Elements to make the application more agile and faster
- Design and implement the front-end for the RubyCAS
- Design and develop RESTful style Web services to manipulate dynamic datasets using AJAX calls.
- Implement Authentication with Devise gem and configure the application according to the requirements
- Model complex database tables and relationships
- Integrate the Active Model Serializers using JSON rendering, Inherited Resources (Thin controllers) and Capistrano (Deployment management) into the project
- Create Content Management System (CMS) which serves as an interface for clients
- Develop application features such as authentication of users, alert notifications, registration of new users, site interplay between legacy and new site etc.
- Collaborate with the chief architect, business managers, quality assurance and other team members on requirements, design, and implementation issues
- Application Code Review and Bug Fix issues
- 4+ years of Ruby on Rails v 2,3 (v.5,6 Preferred)
- Unit Testing Experience
- Cloud Technology AWS (Preferred)
- Solr Search (Elasticsearch Preferred)
- provided by Dice