Our financial services client is need of a proven and experienced full-stack Ruby on Rails developer to work within teams that are and deliv...
Our financial services client is need of a proven and experienced full-stack Ruby on Rails developer to work within teams that are and delivery enterprise financial services middle office systems that transact a high volume of diverse asset class. In this role, you will be not only be designing and coding, but mentoring other developers to help build a world class software engineering capability within the Middle Office Technology Group.
Job responsibilities and opportunities:
- Drive the design and implementation of scalable, high performing and robust applications.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plans.
- Available to provide advice and assistance to teams on technical difficulties that arise in the course of doing their work
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to more junior engineers including code reviews and diving in to coding assignments when necessary as well as defining and implementing best in class standards.
- Recommend and implement new technologies and architectures to ensure applications remain current and robust
- Identifying issues to teams that they might overlook, such as scalability, performance, or security.
- Analyze and discuss potential risk/benefits involved in using the specified technology solution to address the business requirement
- Coordinating with other IT functions (IT Systems, Network Operations, etc.) to perform analysis and design of applications and systems.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college and/or university (Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering).
- Must have at least 6+ years' experience as a Ruby Full Stack Developer.
- Active participation in the Ruby community with contributions to one or more Ruby Open Source projects.
- 10+ or more years of professional software development experience.
- At least 3 years of experience with agile software development methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in the financial services sector a plus, but not blocker to joining our team.
- provided by Dice