Minimum Required Skills:
We are a full-service Ruby on Rails developmen...
Minimum Required Skills:
We are a full-service Ruby on Rails development agency. We help established businesses meet their goals through application development and design. Our passion is in providing technical strategies and expertise, so businesses can focus on the big picture.
Here's the deal; before our clients hire us, they've often already invested a lot of time, energy, and money into having custom web applications developed to help them solve some business challenges. They come to us looking for a team to provide dependable support and maintenance of their existing Ruby on Rails projects. We do this in the form of recurring retainers where we take care of small feature updates, bug fixes, performance improvements, chipping away at their technical debt, and helping them experiment as they navigate their forward as a business.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
PROACTIVE - We actively seek opportunities to improve our client's products, our processes, and our abilities.
CURIOUS - A natural curiosity for the undiscovered results in remarkable work for our clients and stronger connections for our team. We ask questions, learn, and aren't afraid to fail.
DEPENDABLE - We are invested in our work. We manage expectations. We support our clients and teammates. We hold ourselves, our teammates, and our clients accountable.
VERSATILE - We readily adapt to change and encourage innovation because our team and work are transparent and flexible.
DELIGHTFUL - We choose to set a mindful, positive tone that allows everyone to flourish.
What You Will Be Doing
- Participating in short daily standups to outline what you completed yesterday and are aiming to accomplish today
- Jumping between ~2-5 client projects/week (sometimes a few each day)
- Keeping an eye out for your teammates. Perhaps you could lend them a hand to tackle a challenge and/or vice versa
- Getting your head wrapped around a subset of our client projects and their business goals
- Partnering up with your project manager to figure out how to best prioritize your work this coming week
- Collaborating with your team members to help with these projects (from planning, estimating, coding, testing, and bug fixing)
- Documenting the tricks and lessons you learn to share with the dev community on our blog
- Asking clients for clarification on requirements that you aren't sure that you understand
- Being an advocate for the long-term health and maintainability of our client's projects
- Saying, "I don't know (yet) ... but I'll help figure it out!" to clients and peers
- Improving the overall test coverage of our client projects
- Helping pick out music to play on the studio stereo system
- Performing code reviews on your teammate's pull-requests
- Googling weird error messages...a lot
- Sharing praise when someone on the team does something amazing
- Occassionally helping out with DevOps/sysadmin tasks
- Sending your code for peer review
- Stumbling across possible fixes in API docs, Stack Overflow, and Github issues
- Taking advantage of our flextime scheduling to swing by the gym, go for a run before the rain starts, or maybe sitting in the park with a book
- Rolling your eyes as you look at that code that wasn't working and realizing the silly typo
- Capturing your "lesson learned" to share with the team this next Monday morning
- Communicating directly with clients to help define features/user stories, improvements to existing applications
- Writing, refactoring, and improving our client's web applications and APIs (...we have a few internal projects, too)
- Sending clients a link to a staging environment so they can test out your changes before you deploy to production
- Deploying code to staging/production environments
- Petting the dog that swings by your desk to say hi
- Tracking time for our client work so that we can pay our bills
- Appreciating when your teammates share their failures with you
- Sitting down with interns/junior developers to hone your mentoring skills
- Removing noise in the README files that we probably should have cleaned up a while ago
- Thanking clients when they provide great requirements that helps you out
- Sharing your hard lessons/failures with your peers
- Noticing inefficiencies in our existing processes and taking note to raise it at our next team meeting
- Adding useful information to the README files that will help your teammates
- Carving out a little time each week to try out some new tools
- Sharing useful links with your peers in Slack
- Preparing a 5-to-10-minute talk on how to use said new tool for our next company workshop series
- Helping us become a better version of ourselves than we were yesterday
What You Need for this Position
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- Ability to convey your thoughts/ideas verbally and written...with a delightful (and competent) tone
- Experience collaborating with clients/stakeholders/decisionmakers/mimes. (bonus points if you can read their minds)
- Some general concepts of how SQL database work and how to navigate them
- Comfortable with a Apple Mac environment (maybe you even like to dabble with Linux?)
- Know more than enough Git to be dangerous
- Experience writing automated tests for Ruby on Rails apps
- Using Capistrano, Git, etc to handle Rails deployments
- Knowledge of HTML and understanding of CSS/Sass
- Knowledge of software design patterns and experience with implementation
What's In It for You
- Medical & dental insurance (we pay 80% of premium);
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% of employee salary match;
- Paid vacation that increases with your length of employment; (15 days accrued the first year, 20 days after the first year, and 25 days after three years)
- Five days of sick time each calendar year;
- Six paid holidays yearly;
- Periodic bonuses dependent upon company and employee performance; and
- Participation in our flexible work time policies.
- Creative, dog-friendly, relaxed-professional work environmentSo, if you are a Ruby on Rails Developer with experience, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.Please apply directly to by clicking 'Click Here to Apply' with your Word resume!
Looking forward to receiving your resume and going over the position in more detail with you.
- Not a fit for this position? Click the link at the bottom of this email to search all of our open positions.
Looking forward to receiving your resume!
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Copyright 1999 - 2019 . CyberCoders, Inc. All rights reserved.