At Housecall Pro, we are focused on helping home services professionals elevate their businesses and lives. Community coupled with the use o...
At Housecall Pro, we are focused on helping home services professionals elevate their businesses and lives. Community coupled with the use of a modern and mobile software platform that handles the scheduling and management aspects frees our Pros to focus on their craft. Housecall Pros thrive and so do their businesses, which grow by 30% on average year over year.
The home services industry remains vast ($700b+) but largely untouched by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor. The 3M+ businesses in home services space are facing dramatic change as the world shifts from offline to online. Along this journey, we are quickly becoming the backbone operating system for service labor across the US and Canada. We have rocketed from MVP to the #1 ranked SaaS software platform very quickly...which has made us the fastest growing startup in San Diego.
As a Ruby/RoR developer on the Housecall Pro team, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of web applications that underpin our product offerings. Your primary focus will be development of our Ruby/RoR app server. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the system. You will work in an iterative environment, developing use cases that benefit our customers. A strong commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated architectural design, and the creation of quality products is essential. Your customer-centric focus is critical for our and our customers' success.
Our Engineering team is extraordinary. We're a hardworking and focused team driven to deliver industry-leading apps to our service professional customers. Our success is their success. Our team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused team members are the "engine room" of Housecall Pro, helping our customers operate and to grow their businesses.
- Design, develop and deploy features for Housecall Pro's core backend web applications in Ruby/RoR.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Develop and maintain code quality standards and enforce them across the team.
- Continually introduce architectural improvements and refactorings to the code baseline.
- Write automated tests at the appropriate architectural level.
- Maintain core integration points and external APIs.
Why Housecall Pro
- Ability to work at a fast pace with a drive to quickly deliver value to our customers
- BS, MS or Ph.D in a computer science or equivalent program
- 2 years industry experience developing commercial Ruby/RoR applications
- Experience with Ruby/RoR development tools and libraries
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Ruby/RoR applications to 3rd-party services
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Commercial experience with React/Redux a plus
- Housecall Pro is a mission-driven company. Our co-founder/CEO built a software company to help service professionals like his father (a house painter), get to a better life. We save our service professional time, and help them, in turn, to delight their end-customers.
- We are tackling the last, large market ($700b+) untouched by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor.
- Our goal is to build a $10 billion+ company that is a powerful brand to home service providers and consumers.
- We have fun at work. Really.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Equity in a growth stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.
- San Diego is an idyllic place to live; our office is minutes away from hiking/biking trails, and the surf.
- Paid holidays and self-managed (unlimited) paid time off.
Housecall Pro is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.