The Digital Media Group (DMG) is looking for a talented and passionate full-stack developer to join our project team. The project is an ente...
The Digital Media Group (DMG) is looking for a talented and passionate full-stack developer to join our project team. The project is an enterprise buildout of a next-generation digital asset management system to store, manage, and distribute files to users worldwide. The project has been running for more than five years and has a tight-knit team of exceptional developers with a very flat organizational structure.
Furthermore, the team uses a carefully selected and constantly evolving combination of Agile methodologies and processes. Pair programming is encouraged and test-driven development is the default. Stories are reviewed and pointed as a team. Continuous integration and deployment are entirely automated.
The system utilizes AngularJS for its front-end and is a single-page application communicating with a Ruby on Rails API on top of a Postgres database. These are also multiple Ruby back-end services utilizing a mixture of polling and event-driven architectures. The entire infrastructure is hosted in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and is managed via Chef and Opsworks.
Send your github (or equivalent) and let's start a conversation!
Key responsibilities include: -
- Working with the team to define implementation of new features for a complex asset management system -
- Working closely with the UI/UX team to build sensible and good looking interactions -
- Testing, development, and debugging of existing functionality -
- Analysis and diagnosis to consistently improve system performance Key requirements, skills, and knowledge include: -
- BS in Computer Science or related -
Preferred 2-3 years of experience -
- Expert knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails -
- Experience writing tests using Rspec and Capybara using TDD/BDD -
- Experience developing APIs for use in single page or native applications -
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs -
- Proficiency with command-line tools (bash, git, ssh, tmux, etc.) -
- Good knowledge of relational database technology (SQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
Nice to Have: -
- AngularJS -
- Experience writing functional tests for single page applications -
- Deployment and management on Amazon Web Services -
- Experience with any messaging framework (JMS/RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ/SQS) -
- Involvement in the open source or meetup communities -
This is a contract position - On-site only, no remote work arrangements