Our Ruby on Rails Developer participate in all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle, including gathering business requirements, soft...
Our Ruby on Rails Developer participate in all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle, including gathering business requirements, software design, software and database development, quality assurance, and support. The positions require strong communication skills, a desire to work closely with our users, and a high level of collaboration with other team members. Candidates should have an excellent understanding of both Web development using Open-source technologies, specifically Linux, Ruby, Git, and MariaDB.
Responsibilities of the Ruby on Rails Developer:
Qualifications of the Ruby on Rails Developer:
- Business Requirements Development: Ability to gain a deep understanding of business requirements provided by our business users.
- Software Design: Produce practical software and database designs that meet all business and technical requirements.
- Software Development: Perform hands-on development and testing of web-based software solutions.
- Database Development: Ability to create and maintain database tables, stored procedures, triggers, and user functions.
- Quality Assurance: Actively participate in quality assurance, including hands-on system and user testing of the software developed as required.
- Support: Software deployments and ongoing production support.
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience developing web-based software applications.
- Solid object-oriented programming foundation
- Good working knowledge of development with Ruby on Rails
- Strong knowledge of version control systems (Git, Mercurial, etc...)
- Familiarity with SQL (MariaDB, SQL Server, MySQL) and NoSQL (Redis, Mongo, Dynamo).
- Experience with RESTful web services as well as XML is required
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and Docker a plus
PrincePerelson & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
PrincePerelson & Associates has been serving Utah businesses since 1992. Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, we are well versed in the culture and business needs of the state, and take pride in offering high-touch, high-value recruitment services throughout the Wasatch front. PrincePerelson & Associates has been named by Utah Business Magazine as one of the state's Best Places to Work and is at the top of the Glassdoor.com list of best companies local to Utah.