What you'll do:
* Develop and test features for our customers, sales associates, and customer service team for our ecommerce platform built ...
What you'll do:
* Develop and test features for our customers, sales associates, and customer service team for our ecommerce platform built on Spree and Rails
* Work collaboratively with the development team and the executive team to help identify new development priorities, improvements, and opportunities for growth
* Help us accomplish our goal to be the best specialty store in the world by making our customers feel great
What you'll need to know:
* Ruby and Rails (2+ years)
* SQL databases, preferably Postgres (2+ years)
* Version control, preferably Git
Even better, you'll know a bit about one or more of these:
* the Spree Commerce framework
* writing tests with RSpec
* searching with Solr and Lucene
* running cloud applications on Heroku
* Amazon Web Services
Why you should apply:
* You prefer engaging with a small, dynamic team and being involved in all phases of development.
* You'd like to join a small but very successful company with annual sales in excess of $150 million.
* You want to work in a welcoming, family-friendly, non-corporate atmosphere that moves fast and isn't bound by a rigid corporate structure.
About Mitchell Stores
We're a family. Ed and Norma Mitchell, the grandparents of the current CEOs, opened the original "Ed Mitchells" in Westport in 1958; and over the last 60 years, we've grown and expanded enormously to include the luxury retailers Richards of Greenwich, Wilkes Bashford of San Francisco and Palo Alto, and Marios of Portland and Seattle, while remaining independent, family owned, and family operated.
We're an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To learn more about Mitchells, visit
- provided by Dice SQL databases, preferably Postgres (2+ years)