We have job opening for the position of Ruby on Rails Software Engineer at NYC, NY. Below is the job description if you are interested pleas...
We have job opening for the position of Ruby on Rails Software Engineer at NYC, NY. Below is the job description if you are interested please send your updated resume in word format.
Consulting position for a Software Engineer. You will design and develop software to bring client services into a single "web self-service" umbrella. Main technologies are Ruby and Ruby on Rails and C# .Net. Linux/ Unix Platform
- 3 years' experience writing applications in Ruby.
- 3 years' experience using Ruby On Rails, writing Bash scripts.
- Experience using Apache and/or equivalent web server software.
- 3-to-5 years' experience with object-oriented programming.
- Working knowledge of other web frameworks such as mod_perl, embperl, PHP, JSP, ASP, ColdFusion, or equivalents.
- Knowledge of essentials of Unix server architecture, particularly Linux and Solaris.
- Experience with most common command line tools.
- Ability to use compiled and interpreted languages.
- Ability to analyze hardware disk I/O, CPU utilization, memory swapping, virtual machine threading, and garbage collector tuning.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose application problems, including: compiler linkage errors, run-time bottlenecks, multi-threaded race conditions, and database query optimization.
- Experience using MySQL and/or equivalent database systems.
- Solid understanding of ACID database properties, query isolation levels, and SQL coding practice to avoid database deadlock scenarios.
- Experience with other modern Unix dynamic languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, and Bash and the ability to identify the appropriate tool or language for assigned tasks.
- Experience developing high-performance APIs.
- Experience developing in a Service Oriented Architecture.
- C# .Net preferred
- Java and C++ and Perl
- Objective-C, Swift, or Ruboto experience is a major plus, as mobile application development is part of the product roadmap.
- User experience with Solaris, Linux, and/ Mac OS X systems and Windows.
- Understanding of modern networking protocols (TCP/IP addressing and higher network layers).
- Other requirements
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills
- The ability to program using a terminal-based text editor.
- Understanding of customary source control practices and procedures in a team environment. (SVN and GIT)
- Experience with Agile software development practices
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or other technical field, or combination of equivalent education and experience.
- 3+ years of programming experience, with at least 3+ years in a business environment.
"US citizens and Green Card Holders and those who have Employment authorization document to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time"
- provided by Dice Ruby on Rails and C# .Net, Linux/ Unix Platform, Bash scripts, mod_perl, embperl, PHP, JSP, ASP, ColdFusion, MySQL, Solaris.disk I/O, CPU utilization, memory swapping, virtual machine thread