Workflow Technologies Inc. is an approved vendor with the State of Florida for providing IT consulting services. We have multiple ongoing co...
Workflow Technologies Inc. is an approved vendor with the State of Florida for providing IT consulting services. We have multiple ongoing contracts with the state. Our current requirement is as below.
The Department desires to contract for an expert level Ruby on Rails developer that will be available full-time. The developer will serve as an architectural lead in the development of code and architecture for web-based business applications that use MySQL or postgreSQL databases. A primary application will be the public facing web portal for State travel expense reporting. The applications are web-based, transactional systems that also include reporting and batch functions.
The scope of work includes:
• Developing Ruby on Rails code in an existing development environment, based on provided requirements and efforts documented in the Dept. IT Work Plan. The current priority for the upcoming fiscal year will be invested in building an application programming interface (API) integrations to several cloud-based enterprise systems. In addition, we will continue with lifecycle support and maintenance of all DMS Ruby on Rails applications inclusive of code audits to determine needed corrective actions, framework version upgrades, and implementation of security standards. Additional efforts in creating new functionality will also be required as new projects are commissioned.
• Adherence to methodologies, standards and best practices which ensure quality and thoroughness inclusive of behavior-driven development (BDD)/test driven development (TDD), Agile development practices, continuous integration, and continuous performance improvement.
- The developer must have a minimum of six (6) years Ruby on Rails development experience,
- Minimum of eight (8) years professional experience developing Web-based applications.
- The developer must also be experienced in working with industry standard methodologies to ensure high quality and accuracy of code released to production.
The developer must be able to work eight (8) hours per day, five (5) days per week. On-site work in Tallahassee is highly preferable, however remote work will be considered. All work must be performed in the US. All contractors will need to successfully pass a Level II background check, and the vendor will be responsible for the costs.
- provided by Dice Ruby on Rails development, WEB development, Architecture, API, Agile,