1. Full Stack Developer- Ruby on Rails
a. 30 days funding- will extend more based on the right person
b. Must be on site f...
- Full Stack Developer- Ruby on Rails
- 30 days funding- will extend more based on the right person
- Must be on site full time hours
In this role, you will work in a high visibility federal digital transformation program, developing new and maintaining existing web applications in stacks built using RoR and related technologies. You will work with an existing cross-functional team collaborating with business users, clients and other stakeholders to ensure continuous release of new features and capabilities that are important to users.
- Develop, test and maintain applications built using Ruby and Ruby-on-Rails
- Develop and maintain automated tests and maintain high test coverage
- Integrate with CI/CD pipeline and strive for increased automation
- Perform and facilitate peer code reviews and incorporate required code changes
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues discovered in production and take ownership of problems through resolution
- Support project manager/scrum master in agile ceremonies, requirements development, SDLC documentation and other programmatic requirements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, users and stakeholders empathizing with their concerns and appropriately address them
- Strong hands-on and demonstrable experience developing full-stack applications using Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Sound understanding of TDD practices and tools such as RSpec or Cucumber
- Sound understanding and expertise in both relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Good understanding and experience developing and consuming RESTful services
- Experience serving as senior or lead developer
- Prior experience with AWS highly desirable
PROTEK Consulting is a woman-owned, small business. It is a nationwide provider of information technology and engineering consulting services. We have built our business on a set of business principles that ensure the success of our consultants and clients. Among those principles are experience, honesty, reliability, intelligence, and integrity.
Our team has extensive experience in the industry. By delivering unparalleled service to our clients, PROTEK serves business and government clients in a reliable and cost-effective manner. If your company or organization is in need of talented information technology professionals, to be hired on a contract, contract-to-hire or permanent basis, please do not hesitate to contact us.