US Citizenship and Immigration Services established the DID(IT) - Digital Innovation and Development (Information Technology) ...
US Citizenship and Immigration Services established the DID(IT) - Digital Innovation and Development (Information Technology) - office in 2013 to replace what they called SLOPE (Standard Lightweight Operational Programming Environment).
This office's mandate is to create a more user-friendly digital experience to the millions of people who annually request information on their immigration statuses and services. DID(IT) uses modern best practices like Agile, DevOps, and cloud services to deliver on this mandate.
Obsidian is part of the contractor team that recently won the contract to take over the DID(IT) development and operations.
We are seeking a Senior Ruby on Rails Application Developer to be responsible for development, testing, and maintenance of enterprise applications utilizing Ruby on Rails, ReactJS and/or React Native and related technologies. Our 60+ person development team works on great projects that leverage advanced, modern development stacks and we have a blast doing it. With over 20 applications in our portfolio, you have the ability find what interests you with the autonomy to work 100% remotely (in the US). We work on large Ruby on Rails web applications and bleeding edge React Native mobile applications with RoR backends. You will be expected to build, test, and deploy applications, enhancements or microservices for existing applications on their own utilizing Test Driven Development (TDD), Lean, and XPmethodologies. You will be responsible for full stack development including creating and executing SQL queries to verify data and troubleshoot issues. You will also facilitate technical and architectural workshops and design sessions, as well as mentor other developers.
• 5+ yrs Ruby on Rails experience
• Mobile First Development
• Responsive Web Design
• Architecture and Development Support Services for New/existing Ruby on Rail applications
• Development using CSS and HTML 5
• Test Driven Development
• Behavior Driven Development
• Automated Testing
• Continuous Integration
• Continuous delivery
• Agile Development Practices (Scrum, Scumban, Kanban)
• O&M Support for Ruby applications
• Evaluation and recommend new software products and open source technologies
• Document software procedures and develop software reports, plans, and products, such as
• software development plans, software requirements specifications, software design
• documents, software development files, source code, and test plans
• Ruby on Rails
• Bootstrap 3
• Sublime Text
• HTML 5
• PostgreSQL / MongoDB / MySQL
• Amazon Web Services
• Red Hat Linux
• Git. Gitlab, Github
Additional Desired Tools
• New Relic
• PhoneGap - or - Accelerator
• Web Analytics
- provided by Dice Ruby on Rails, Secret