Our client is a hyper-growth, company based in Austin, TX that is thriving amidst the pandemic and hiring Web Architect to manage the softwa...
Our client is a hyper-growth, company based in Austin, TX that is thriving amidst the pandemic and hiring Web Architect to manage the software engineering team.
You will serve as a mentor and coach for engineers, work with the Director of Engineering to enable more efficient processes and best practices across our teams, and be able to pick up features and bugs that their existing teams do not have the bandwidth for.
You ll be hands on, working directly with both leadership and the engineering team to make rapid improvement in both internal as well as consumer facing applications. You are able to look at the direction that your company is going and help you come up with a long-term plan that is going to work. You will be guiding engineers on the team in building high quality, maintainable software that will grow with the company, and spend a good deal of your time writing code. You will help us build one of the best teams and engineering cultures in Austin.
You will be continually challenged but supported to grow as a technical leader.
Ruby on Rails, React, GitHub, PostgreSQL, RESTful APIs, Docker/Kubernetes
What you ll do:
- Lead direction of the platform from a technical perspective
- Lead and facilitate decision making during technical planning
- Spend some time as an individual contributor directly writing code
- Work directly on our consumer facing and enterprise products, testing and iterating on improvements that drive value
- Review code and mentor developers on coding practices
- Actively participate in the ideation and execution of product roadmap.
- Ensure the continuous improvement of engineering and product processes, such as continuous delivery and high quality automated testing
- Communicate well across a range of audiences, from a small team to large enterprise customers.
- Work independently and solve tough problems with little guidance.
- provided by Dice